Re: Extent map block

From: Steve Adams <steve.adams_at_ixora.com.au>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 04:50:48 GMT

Hi Jonathan,

I think you may have misunderstood the question. Your answer appears to address the amount of space needed the tablespace's bitmap blocks, whereas I think the question is about the extent map blocks needed within the segment itself.

Assuming an 8K block size, there would be 505 extents represented in the extent table in the segment header block and up to 1007 extents in each subsequent extent map block. So a 1G table in 64K extents would require 16 extent map blocks.

@   Regards,
@   Steve Adams
@   http://www.ixora.com.au/
@   http://www.christianity.net.au/