What is the limit of a sql string ...

From: Yurasis Dragon <yurasis_spamNOSPAM_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2000 11:47:17 -0700

that is submitted.

We have a developer that is submitting an sql query whose filesize is 133,503 bytes, including whitespace. Once this query is run this error is returned

   TEST1 > ERROR:
   ORA-01756: quoted string not properly terminated

Syntactically the query is correct but I'm guessing that the string is being truncated somewhere so this error is returned.

I have run this query using SQL*Plus on a PC as well as on our Solaris server.

Does anyone have an idea what the limit is and if the default can be changed?

Thanks in advance for the help. Received on Tue Nov 07 2000 - 12:47:17 CST