Re: What is the limit of a sql string ...

From: Dave Godbey <luhbey_at_erols.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2000 21:15:53 -0500

I believe sql*net may be the problem. I believe SQL*NET packages are limited to 32K (O7) and 64K (O8). One experiment you can do is to shut Oracle down, turn tracing on in the init.ora file, restart Oracle, run the query, and look in the log to see what query Oracle tried to run. Don't forget to turn tracing back off, its a pretty expensive process in terms of performance and disk space.
Dave