Re: Recovery scenario

From: <jdarrah_co_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2000 18:38:53 GMT

If your database is in archive log mode, this can be done but its pretty dangerous to do on the same machine. Steps on how to do this type of restore can be found in Oracle Press' book on Backup and Recovery.

In article <3A083CCF.9D4F49F9_at_yahoo.com>,   ohno <ohno_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> Running Oracle 805 on Solaris 2.6.
>
> We have two instances on the same box -- one is a production instance,
> the
> other is a development type instance. They are both very similar in
> scope, but there
> are some minor differences (a couple of different tablespaces, etc.).
> Finance Manager just came and wants the data from the production
> instance
> restored from a few days ago to the development instance -- however,
> there isn't exports done, only cold backups (yeah, I know...but I just
> got here two weeks ago).
>
> So, there really isn't a way to do what he wants done that I can see,
> because restoring the cold backup from the production instance would
> only restore to
> the production instance, not development.
>
> YIKES!
>
> Suggestion?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Nov 07 2000 - 12:38:53 CST