Recovery scenario

From: ohno <ohno_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2000 09:33:03 -0800

Running Oracle 805 on Solaris 2.6.

We have two instances on the same box -- one is a production instance, the
other is a development type instance. They are both very similar in scope, but there
are some minor differences (a couple of different tablespaces, etc.). Finance Manager just came and wants the data from the production instance
restored from a few days ago to the development instance -- however, there isn't exports done, only cold backups (yeah, I know...but I just got here two weeks ago).

So, there really isn't a way to do what he wants done that I can see, because restoring the cold backup from the production instance would only restore to
the production instance, not development.

YIKES! Suggestion? Received on Tue Nov 07 2000 - 11:33:03 CST