use of oracle in embedded systems

From: <toddhoff_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2000 14:44:30 GMT

Does anyone have experience of using oracle in a high availability embedded system? An important requirement is that all management of the system must be doable via an API. This means for install, upgrade, configuration, recovery, etc. It's not possible to have an operator intervene or have a terminal available. The implications of this are wide.

My reading so far is that an oracle install requires terminal based interaction. I'd imagine an upgrade requires the same. I'm also not confident that all the errors i see in the news group are programatically detectable and recoverable. Any thoughts on this?

thanx

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Nov 07 2000 - 08:44:30 CST