Re: Help needed urgently

From: r.v.n. <nighr_at_home.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2000 08:09:45 -0600

That would have to be one hunker of a database to fully use that DBA's time. I would think that your manager really means that there is a primary DBA per database, who has the authority to make changes and so on. Otherwise you will have chaos. With the current labor shortage (espeically in government where the pay is about half private industry), you need a plan which will scale. What are you going to do about new databases that arrive (they always do) and you don't get funding for new staff?

I'm such a pessimist.

--rvn.