Software package and Data base

From: Yann Helloco <yann.helloco_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2000 10:57:39 +0100

Hello,

 In our company we have a software package with Oracle Data Base, up to now it's ok.
 We'll have soon to set up other software packages (financial for exemple). So the providers of one of this software proposes us to develop links (not cheap and not simple) to exchange data between the different softwares.   My question: why is it necessary to develop links to exchange data between the different softwares whereas they will use sometimes the same data in the same DataBase?
  Can't we imagine that a well done Data Base ( good design) should avoid links between differents software packages? Why Software package can't use directly the tables of the Data Base?

Thank you in advance and I appologize for my poor english :( Received on Sat Nov 04 2000 - 03:57:39 CST