Re: Using ORAOLEDB for ADO provider?

From: Graham <Graham_at_home.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 13:40:06 GMT

Matt,

Actually both will work. The MSDAORA and ORAOLEDB providers allows you to return recordsets via REF CURSOR
(http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q255/0/43.ASP) (http://www.learnasp.com/learn/oraclerecordsetsfromsp.asp). The SQLOLEDB doesn't support it, you must use PL/SQL tables for that driver.

Matt Houseman <mhousema_at_ix.netcom.com> wrote in message news:8tia62$gsg$1_at_nntp9.atl.mindspring.net...
> All,
>
> I'm considering using the ORAOLEDB for my ADO provider rather than
 MSDAORA.
> My (informal) benchmarks are showing a 15-to-1 performance benefit on
> retrieval. When I use the ORAOLEDB provider, I can return REF CURSOR's
 from
> my PL/SQL stored procedures. When I use the MSDAORA provider, I must use
> PL/SQL tables as the return from my PL/SQL stored procedures.
>
> Is there any reason that I should avoid using the ORAOLEDB provider for
 ADO?