Using ORAOLEDB for ADO provider?

From: Matt Houseman <mhousema_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2000 15:10:09 -0800

All,

I'm considering using the ORAOLEDB for my ADO provider rather than MSDAORA. My (informal) benchmarks are showing a 15-to-1 performance benefit on retrieval. When I use the ORAOLEDB provider, I can return REF CURSOR's from my PL/SQL stored procedures. When I use the MSDAORA provider, I must use PL/SQL tables as the return from my PL/SQL stored procedures.

Is there any reason that I should avoid using the ORAOLEDB provider for ADO? I'm using Oracle 8i Release 2 (8.1.6).

Thanks,
Matt Houseman Received on Sun Oct 29 2000 - 17:10:09 CST