Upgrading the Oracle client from 7.3.4 to 8.1.6

From: <timf97_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 01:40:37 GMT

We need to have an easy method (since untrained users need to be able to do it) which will allow us to upgrade Oracle client machines from 7.3.4 to 8.1.6.

We have tried to use 8.1.6 to just do an upgrade, but can't get it to go cleanly. We also tried to use the updated 7.3.4 Installer to uninstall Oracle 7.3.4 before installing 8.1.6, but the uninstall leaves the ORACLE_HOME token in the Registry, and we don't want to try to explain to users how to remove it.

I'm sure that someone else has had similar problems - and hopefully - has a good solution.
Thanks for any suggestions! Received on Thu Oct 26 2000 - 20:40:37 CDT