The number of DBWR processes and performance

From: Kim,Yongjun <kjun1017_at_shmail.hanarotel.co.kr>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 13:04:55 +0900

Dear,
I read some books about Oracle Admin. and Oracle Performance tuning. I don't remember exactly which book was, but there was mentioned about the number of DBWR prosessors.

He tested DBWR as (disknumber X 2 or 4) and he got a good performance. As I heard the optimal number of DBWR is depend on the CPUs.

So I am confusing about that. Of course I know that is very depend on the application used. But I think there is some guideline.

Is there anyone know about that ? Received on Thu Oct 26 2000 - 23:04:55 CDT