Re: HELP: SQL databases on Network Appliance filers (Oracle and/or Microsoft)

From: Joe Luchtenberg <joe.luchtenberg_at_data-line.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 15:30:05 -0000

Yes, there are people out there using filers for MS SQL Server and Oracle production databases. You raise some of the issues that need to be addressed if you consider a NAS architecture for this purpose. If you want to get replies from folks who are actually doing this, I would suggest you post to the toasters newsgroup. This is a discussion group of NetApp administrators -- it is very active and there are some very experienced, well-informed folks out there who are not affiliated with NetApp or a reseller (like me) who can help answer your questions. Check out their archive at:
http://teaparty.mathworks.com:1999/toasters/index.html#3870 Post your questions to:
toasters_at_mathworks.com

HTH. Joe

Joe Luchtenberg