HELP: SQL databases on Network Appliance filers (Oracle and/or Microsoft)

From: Carl Waldron <carl.waldron_at_nospam.thinklinkinc.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 09:50:53 -0700

Hi all,

I am trying to find out if anyone out there is using a Network Appliance filer to host their SQL database(s) in a production environment. We are looking into this as a solution for our Microsoft *and* Oracle databases, but I have serious reservations about mounting database files across a network.

Is anyone out there doing this? If so, what are some of the issues you have experienced? Problems? Success stories? Are you happy with the combination? Is there any danger of data corruption?

I am also running MSCS (kinda forgot to mention that) which makes me even more nervous about network-attaching my databases. I have read the Microsoft Kbase article about Trace Flag 1807...

Please direct all answers to the NG's.

Thanks,

Carl Received on Fri Oct 20 2000 - 11:50:53 CDT