Re: unrecoverable_time column in v$datafile not being refreshed

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 18:05:35 -0000

Does the unrecoverable_change# get updated, or does it behave the same way ?

Personally I would expect the manual to be wrong. What good does it do you to know when the LAST unrecoverable event occurred ? Surely you need to know when the FIRST one occurred ? After all, if the file goes unrecoverable after 11:00 because of a direct load, it is still notionally unrecoverable after 11:00 even if you do another direct load at 12:00.

Must be another case of the left hand tower not talking to the right hand tower at Redwood.

--

Jonathan Lewis

Practical Oracle 8i:  Building Efficient Databases - Publishers Addison
Wesley Longman
Book bound date now 1st Dec 2000