Re: How can I run Oracle Designer 6i on my home machine?

From: Steve Long <steven.long_at_erols.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 05:18:26 -0400

<fred7072_at_my-deja.com> wrote in message news:8t0jb2$9j9$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com...
> I am taking a database design class. I want to use Oracle Designer to
> build the simple database, otherwise I'll have to use access.
>
> I downloaded the trail version from Oracle website and intalled it in
> my home machine. But I can not start designer. I cannot pass the
> username/password/hoststring screen, even though I tried "scott/tiger"
> as username and password.
>
> Can anybody give me some clue how to make it work? Do I need to setup a
> database first in order to run Designer? I thought Designer is used to
> build database from the scratch.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Frank Jiang
>

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

perhaps you could use Visio2000. an educational (student) license is nominal. i suspect you will spend more time installing and configuring the oracle products than you will designing the database. is it really worth the trouble? these are high end tools are are not for the light hearted. Received on Mon Oct 23 2000 - 04:18:26 CDT