Oracle OLEDB driver and Schema Rowsets problem

From: Alasdair Cunningham-Smith <alasdaircs_at_metron.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 16:15:10 +0100

I have a VB6 SP3 application which talks to Oracle (8.0.5 and 8.1.5). I have both the MSDAORA and OraOLEDB.Oracle 8.1.6.2 OLEDB driver installed, and I can switch the code to use either.

If I create an ADODB.Command with type = adStoredProcedure and CommandText = 'p_MEASITEM_i' and then issue com.Parameters.Refresh, it works with MSDAORA, but OraOLEDB.Oracle 8.1.6.2 fails with error 0x80040e51 - Provider cannot derive parameter information and SetParameterInfo has not been called.

If I run the following code:

    Conn.OpenSchema(adSchemaProcedureParameters, Array(Empty, Empty, "p_MEASITEM_i", Empty))

The MSDAORA driver returns a sensible rowset, but the OraOLEBD.Oracle driver returns a rowset with the correct schema, but no rows.

What am I doing wrong?

Many thanks in advance for your time and attention,

Alasdair Cunningham-Smith.
MCSE MCSD MCDBA Received on Thu Oct 19 2000 - 10:15:10 CDT