Re: Large databases of BLOBs

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 20:10:15 +0100

I've done this with 'small' LONGs, but not yet with BLOBs. My opinion is that if you have a very large number of small small BLOBs, it is easier to manage them inside the database rather than outside. File systems tend to get in trouble with very large numbers of file, and addressing that problem by using large numbers of hierarchical directories is a major pain.

--

Jonathan Lewis