Insert UNICODE data with ODBC

From: David Murphy <DavidMurphy_at_j-netdirect.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 23:51:03 GMT

Hi - we are trying to use SQLBindParameter to insert data into a regular CHAR column. The data is stored as WCHAR double byte.

Using SQL Plus when we select the data back we get A B C instead of ABCDEF. The column is CHAR(12)

We use C Type SQL_C_WCHAR and sql type SQL_UNICODE in the binding :-

SQLBindParam Param Index:1 IOType:INPUT CType:-8 SQLType:-8 ColSize:6 Scale:0 BufSize:12 StrLen:12

The ODBC driver is 8.1.56 (the latest)

Is there a setting required to tell Oracle that we want the CHAR to hold double byte UNICODE?

Thanks
David Murphy

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Oct 11 2000 - 18:51:03 CDT