Re: Insert UNICODE data with ODBC

From: <jocave_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 19:18:42 GMT

In article <8s2ud6$78d$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   David Murphy <DavidMurphy_at_j-netdirect.com> wrote:
> Hi - we are trying to use SQLBindParameter to insert data into a
> regular CHAR column. The data is stored as WCHAR double byte.
>
> Using SQL Plus when we select the data back we get A B C instead of
> ABCDEF. The column is CHAR(12)
>
> We use C Type SQL_C_WCHAR and sql type SQL_UNICODE in the binding :-
>
> SQLBindParam Param Index:1 IOType:INPUT CType:-8 SQLType:-8
> ColSize:6 Scale:0 BufSize:12 StrLen:12
>
> The ODBC driver is 8.1.56 (the latest)
>
> Is there a setting required to tell Oracle that we want the CHAR to
> hold double byte UNICODE?

I'm assuming that this question is a subset of the other Unicode/ODBC thread we've been going on with recently, so I'll summarize.

Justin Cave
Oracle ODBC Development

Opinions expressed herein are my own and may not reflect those of Oracle Corporation.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Oct 12 2000 - 14:18:42 CDT