Re: HELP!ARC files

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 06:34:00 +1000

Go to my web site, find the Backup and Recovery page, and download the 70-page introduction to backup and recovery concepts. Oh, and then read it. You do *not* start deleting archives because you need space: in the process you make your database unrecoverable to the point of failure, and guarantee loss of committed transactions.

What should you do now? Take a new, closed, entire database backup. You can then get rid of all prior archives ('cos with a gap in the sequence, they're not that much use to you anyway).

Regards
HJR

Opinions expressed are my own, and not those of Oracle Corporation
Oracle DBA Resources:               http://www.geocities.com/howardjr2000