designer webserver library (wsgl?) problems

From: Verna Legaspi <verna.legaspi_at_attws.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 17:29:26 -0700

Hello,

I'm having a problem trying to get a designer webserver generated application to work with my newly organized tablespace/schema design. Since I'm not very familiar with how Designer works and am not sure where the problem lies, I'll just throw in as much detail as I can...

Solaris 2.7
Oracle 8.1.6 RDBMS

Using Oracle Application Server 4081
The application uses both pl/sql and livehtml cartridges

Before, we had most our applications and its required procedures in a "catch-all" schema,
say we call it bob. bob had packages and procedures for this application and many other applications. The bob schema also has these WSGL* packages which we've created using scripts that came with Designer 1.3.2's client (I know! It's old!).

We then wanted to separate each application into their own schema for easier maintenance/administration. So, for the bob application, we use the bob schema, and the john application will use the john schema, etc.

Since all our other applications will be using these WSGL* packages, we decided to implement a similar type of setup as Oracle did for their Application Server - using a "public" schema (like oas_public) to hold these public objects. This general/public schema we called wsgl_public. We granted execute to public on all it's objects (just procedures and packages.) Then we created public synonyms to the objects in wsgl_public. So theoretically, both the bob and john applications will be able to use the procedures/packages they need from the wsgl_public schema.

Most applications seem to work okay, except for just one part of the bob application. It seems to be able to execute its required WSGL procedure from the wsgl_pulic schema, but the results are different. It would return a negative one (-1) instead of a calculated (positive) number such as 35. If we make these WSGL procedures local to the bob schema, it returns the expected results.

So my question is - does our configuration sound valid? Did I miss something? I'll be happy to provide more information if needed.

Thanks a lot in advance!
Verna Received on Thu Oct 05 2000 - 19:29:26 CDT