redo logs on Hitachi 9900

From: <rlro_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2000 10:17:40 GMT

Hi all

I am currently building 8i environments and have no option but to place all my redo logs on this Hitachi 9900 SAN system. It has alot of caching and is very fast. My question is... is there any point in using oracle to mirror the online redo logfiles? The disks behind the cache are already in a redundant configuration so effectively protected from hardware failure. Any thoughts?

TIA Ralph

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Oct 05 2000 - 05:17:40 CDT