Re: tnsping, oracle and the oracle listener process

From: Louis V. Frolio <lvflcv_at_rcn.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 20:45:14 -0400

Yeah, thanks for nothing. Smacks of Adolescence, your response smacks of inexperience.
And yes, you can talk to the listener, it is like any other listener process/daemon(telnet, ftp, etc). Further, a packet sniffer will provide you with the question posed to the listener and the response
from the listener. Even further, the listener trace will not give you any meaningful information
outside of "ping", please check and you will see. Still even further, don't lecture me about
cross postings, I do it only because it was an advanced question and I wanted to hit as many
people as I could with the hopes that someone would afford me meaningful insight into this
question, I was wrong. If you can't provide any useful information I would suggest that you do not
dole your unwarranted insults as if you know what the hell you are talking about. Think before you
write my good man, think! It is not that hard!

"Yong Huang" <yhuang_at_indigopool.com> wrote in message news:8ran54$s5l$1_at_news.sinet.slb.com...
> I don't think you can get the spec for SQL*Net anywhere outside Oracle.
 All
> you can do is simply connect to the database using (i.e. on top of)
 SQL*Net