Oracle performance config question

From: <mr_potato_head_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2000 23:47:32 GMT

Hi,
  I have an Oracle 8.1.6 database that is populated with over 3 million inserts a day. My problem is that my application is on 2 different   servers. Server1 is used to collect data from all sources and then it transmits out parsed data via tibco's rendezvous. Server2, on the same   subnet as server1, is listening for the broadcast traffic coming from server1 and then populates it's database with this data. I am able to   throttle the broadcast data coming from server1, so server2 won't get overwhelmed, but during peak periods, I still get gaps because   server2 can't populated it's database fast enough and the rendezvous queue overflows, so the data is lost. I'm running this on an E4500 w/   2gb of ram and a swap space of 4gb. I'd like to know what my configuration should be for this type of setup so I can get the best   performance on my inserts.
  Here's what's in my /etc/system:

  set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax=1000000000
  set semsys:seminfo_semmni=256
  set semsys:seminfo_semmns=2048
  set semsys:seminfo_semume=64
  set semsys:seminfo_semopm=100
  set semsys:seminfo_semmsl=100
  set semsys:seminfo_semvmx=32767
  set shmsys:shminfo_shmmin=1
  set shmsys:shminfo_shmmni=100
  set shmsys:shminfo_shmseg=10

  And here's some variables in my init.ora:

  open_cursors = 100
  max_enabled_roles = 30
  db_block_buffers = 12162
  shared_pool_size = 66307968
  large_pool_size = 314572800
  java_pool_size = 0
  log_checkpoint_interval = 10000
  log_checkpoint_timeout = 1800
  processes = 315
  log_buffer = 163840
  db_block_size = 8192
  sort_area_size = 65536
  sort_area_retained_size = 65536

  thanks in advance...

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Oct 03 2000 - 18:47:32 CDT