Re: Oracle performance config question

From: Peter <p.c.de.wolff_at_zonnet.nl>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2000 09:02:57 +0200

Instead of moving your parameters around, you first have to find the the main problem:

Is your network fast enough
Which process is having the hardest time on server2   IO
  Processor
  SGA
  ..
  ..
It also nice to know if the table(s) your inserting into is having nice triggers, constraints en indexes. The more indexes you have the slower it will be to insert a row.
Also nice is if the inserts are being commited regurarly(?), if not lots of your rollbacksegments, etc will be used, not to fast either.