Re: intel

From: Jay M. Scheiner <jxs_at_wolpoff_nospam_law.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 16:02:13 GMT

See:
http://www.unisys.com/hw/servers/enterprise/7000/default.asp

It's not the Intel CPU that prevents scaling. Mostly it's been Windows. It's new, but Win 2000 Datacenter is supposed to change that. Whether it will is up to the real world to find out.

On Thu, 28 Sep 2000 20:33:19 -0700, "Joe" <internationalx_at_uswest.net> wrote:

>Hi, I'm a student researching Intel chips for use in a large database. My
>portion of the project deals with Intel. The project compares Intel, Alpha
>and Sun processors. Could I please receive feedback on these comparisons?
>From what I understand, Intel deals with a small scale while Alpha and Sun
>are designed to process a large-scale database. Does anyone have some real
>world feedback on this? Thanks,
>
>internationalx_at_uswest.net

Jay M. Scheiner
Programmer/Analyst
Wolpoff & Abramson, LLP
remove _nospm_ from email address
Opinions are my own only! Received on Fri Sep 29 2000 - 11:02:13 CDT