Re: dbassist problem

From: <sambavan_at_mail.utexas.edu>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 22:49:55 GMT

Jon,

You might want to re-check your environment variables to confirm that they are set correctly.

 ORACLE_HOME If this doesn't work, then the option is to do a reinstall :( I know this is painfull, but this was my solution once when I couldn't get it going the way I want it to go.

In article <zhNz5.6716$tl2.517109_at_bgtnsc07-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>,   "Jonathon Shuler" <jon.shuler_at_worldnet.att.net> wrote:
> Running Oracle 8.1.5 on Solaris 8. When I run dbassist to create a
 new
> database I get the following error when it is trying to create the
 database:
> ORA-03114 not connected to Oracle. I can connect use sqlplus to
 connect to
> an existing database on the same server but I cannot get dbassist to
 create
> a new database. Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Jon

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Sep 25 2000 - 17:49:55 CDT