Re: Urgent: System tablespace corruption

From: Amol <addprabha_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 09:41:04 GMT

The query results in 0 rows selected.Please advice and help Also there was a suggesion that one can run scripts such as catalog etc. which can rebuild the system datafile and corrupted tables.Any suggestions about this.
Please help.
Regards,
Amol

In article <969786069.7519.0.pluto.d4ee154e_at_news.demon.nl>,   "Sybrand Bakker" <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote:
> First of all, I have seen several times in this group people stating
 dbv can
> provide unpredictable results, and it is not reliable, at least not
 in 7.3.
> This might be false alarm.
> Secondly, I would assume you normally would have db_block_checksum =
 false,
> unless you suspect some sort of hardware problem.
> Setting this parameter to true is done only in exceptional situations.
> Thirdly, you could easily find the corrupted segment using the
 dba_extents
> view
>
> select segment_name, segment_type
> from dba_extents e, dba_data_files f
> where e.file_id = f.file_id
> and 100 >= block_id and 100 <= block_id + e.blocks
> and f.file_name = 'C:\ORACLE\ORADATA\ORCL\SYSTEM01.DBF'
>
> where 100 is the number of the affected block and the filename is
 the name
> of the affected file.
>
> Depending on where the corruption is, exp looks the only way to go,
 at least
> if those blocks are truly corrupt.
> However, of course the datadictionary is used to determine which
 objects to
> export.
> I would recommend posting the outcome of the above query here.
>
> Hope this of some help.
> Good luck,
>
> Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA
>
> "Amol" <addprabha_at_my-deja.com> wrote in message
> > Oracle gurus,
> >
> > I have oracle 7.3.4 and the problem I am facing is block corruption
 in
> > system tablespace. I cannot restore it from any of the backups as
 the
> > corruption exists in all the backups of the DB. I did verify this
 using
> > the tool "dbv". Please suggest if in any way the corruption can be
> > removed without loss of any data.
> >
> > Can I use the export utility for the above problem? What would be
 the
> > implication if I change the parameter DB_BLOCK_CHECKSUM to false?
 Will
> > it solve this problem? Also suggest how to find which table/index is
> > corrupt from the system datafile. This is very urgent and your
> > suggestions will be very much appreciated.
> >
> > Amol
> >

> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Sep 25 2000 - 04:41:04 CDT