Re: Identifying Shared Memory Segments

From: Tony R. Bennett <trb_at_user2.teleport.com>
Date: 25 Sep 2000 09:10:21 -0700

if that is all you need is the full time/date... The different times specified in the 'ipcs' command are actually stored in 'time_t' format...
...with means it contains the full time/date...

Which makes it accessable from a C program... ...use the shmctl() call i.e.:

	#include <sys/shm.h>
	struct shmid_ds my_shmid_ds;
	shmctl(shm_id, IPC_STAT, &my_shmid_ds);
	printf("Create PID: %d\n", my_shmid_ds.shm_cpid);
	printf("last chg:       %s\n",
	      asctime(localtime(&my_shmid_ds.shm_ctime)));

--
Anti-spam filter: I am not root_at_localhost
trb_at_teleport dot com   COM  Public Access User --- Not affiliated with Teleport