Re: Export or Ascii Dump for Archiving?

From: Dave A <dave_and_vanna_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 17:59:42 -0500

Doing this will not get your referencial integrity straight. Consider that in the example of wanting the data in a different tablespace you could do this by creating the user (data owner) ahead of time and assigning his/her default tablespace to be whatever tablespace you want the data. When the export tries to dump the data into tablespace a and tablespace a doesn't exist, it will put it into the owner's default tablespace.

For very small things, an ascii file might be OK, but I wouldn't try it if you have any referential integrity in your db.

--
Dave A