Re: System testing backup/recovery

From: Alex Filonov <afilonov_at_pro-ns.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 17:35:06 GMT

There are two ways to accomlish this.
1. Export your data for backup and import for recovery. You can use incremental export. The minus of this method is that it's relatively slow, especially for big volumes of data. 2. Use tablespace backup/recovery. I assume that all "system"'s data can be localized into several tablespaces. Backup is a breeze, recovery is very slow. Usually you'll have to create a clone database. Use of recovery manager would help.

In article <8q3hd2$iop$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   Glen Ashton <gashton_at_my-deja.com> wrote:
> Assume you have a large database, and part of it, representing one
> "system" will need to be backed up and restored repeatedly as part of
> testing. That is restore the system to pre-test basis, do tests, then
> backup results, then repeat until sick.
>
> What approaches have worked best and with what software tools. We
 don't
> want to recover the whole instance, just a select group of tables,
> indexes etc. Thanks in advance and also for any suggestions of other
> (more appropriate) newsgroups to post this to.
>
> --
> Glen Ashton
> Today's joke: http://www.fastnewsdigest.com/
> Email to xGlenAshtonx_at_yahoo.com.invalid (remove two x and .invalid)
>
> (sorry if you noticed this is a repost - there were no replies the
 first
> time so one more kick at the Oracle).
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Sep 18 2000 - 12:35:06 CDT