how to force full table scan when index is not valid?

From: junfan <fanjun_at_writeme.com>
Date: 18 Sep 2000 04:01:34 GMT

dear all,

while loading data into a table "barcode" with index by sqlldr in direct mode, the indexes of table barcode is not useable, and during the loading time window, my application has to search the table, so i got error stating the index is unusable. I wonder if I can instruct Oracle to use full scan rather than index scan when index is not valid? My situation is under oracle 8.15i / winnt 4.0

Tks in advance Received on Sun Sep 17 2000 - 23:01:34 CDT