Re: Disabling ROLLBACKS ... ??

From: Alex Filonov <afilonov_at_pro-ns.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 20:34:33 GMT

In article <8psrpv$ok4$1_at_reader1.imaginet.fr>,   "Raphaël ROBIN" <rrn_at_netsecuresoftware.com> wrote:
> Hi !!
>
> I'd like to know if it is possible to disable the ROLLBACK mechanism
 in
> Oracle 8i ?? I think my app will gain performance in this case ....
 What do
> you think about it ??
>
> Thank you for your answer.

You can't disable rollback for the database. However, you can disable it for some transactions. Look into discrete transactions, they don't generate undo. There are restrictions though. And you will have to check manually for discrete transaction errors. There is an example of such approach in Oracle 8i Tuning documentation.

> Raphaël ROBIN - <rrn_at_netsecuresoftware.com>

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Sep 15 2000 - 15:34:33 CDT