multiblock read count

From: Fidelio <rjn_at_pobox.com>
Date: 14 Sep 2000 12:42:36 +0200

Hi,

I have db_file_multiblock_read_count set to 16 and my block size is 4K. I remember reading somewhere that for optimal performance db_file_multiblock_read_count * db_block_size should be 64 KB.

Is this still true for Oracle 8 ? If you have loads of 500 MB tables with 300 MB indexes, does the performance still get a increase by specifying a larger multiblock read count ?

Get tons of referrals - Sign up now ! http://www.refmatrix.com/
The Adsenger information resource - http://www.xs4all.nl/~rob/adsenger.html