Re: High TEMP tablespace IO rate

From: Guy Boulais <ve2gyb_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 13:25:17 GMT

Check if your sorts (ORDER BY) and your table joins use indexed columns.

If so, set SORT_AREA_RETAINED_SIZE to the same value of SORT_AREA_SIZE (either 65536 or 131072).

Spread your disk IO, check V$FILESTAT if you see any disk contention.

Another possibility is to use multiple temporary tablespaces, if you have multiple disk. And try to balance your different temporary tablespaces among users doing high sorting.

In article <8pn7ql$m93$1_at_ns.metacom.ru>,   "Paul A. Durnoff" <dpa_at_mail.ru> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Could somebody give me an advice:
> I discovered that TEMP tablespace in one instance has very high number
 of IO
> operations, about in three times higher than the DATA tablespace. Why?
 How
> to fix it? May be it is not a problem?
> All data is stored in DATA tablespace, indexes in INDX. All users have
 the
> TEMP tablespace as temorary.
>
> Thanks,
> Paul A. Durnoff
> dpa_at_mail.ru

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Sep 14 2000 - 08:25:17 CDT