Re: v$sysstat

From: Yong Huang <yhuang_at_indigopool.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 16:57:25 -0500

http://technet.oracle.com/doc/oracle8i_816/server.816/a76961/apc2.htm says it's the sum of "db block gets" plus "consistent gets", described above (above on that same page). Look it up.

If you mean how this view is defined, here it is:

SQL> select * from v$fixed_view_definition where view_name = 'V$SYSSTAT';

VIEW_NAME

VIEW_DEFINITION

V$SYSSTAT
select STATISTIC# , NAME , CLASS , VALUE from GV$SYSSTAT where inst_id = USERENV('Instance')

SQL> select * from v$fixed_view_definition where view_name = 'GV$SYSSTAT';

VIEW_NAME

VIEW_DEFINITION

GV$SYSSTAT
select inst_id,indx,ksusdnam,ksusdcls,ksusgstv from x$ksusgsta

I have no idea what ksusgsta means. Probably something like kernel service unknown (by me) system global statistics.

Yong Huang
yhuang_at_indigopool.com