Re: recall/edit commands

From: Yong Huang <yhuang_at_indigopool.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 12:28:20 -0500

In spite of all kinds of clever things people have come up with, I'm one of the few people (if any) on the planet that love to use the DOS version sqlplus. It's called sqlplus.exe or plus80.exe depending on your version of Oracle or both (then depending on your preference). If you're not using NT, you may have to type DOSKEY at the DOS prompt before you launch sqlplus or plus80. Then inside, you can press UP arrow to get the previous commands.

This assumes you're connecting to the database from a Windows machine. If you do have to work on the server like inside a telnet window, there's no better choice than studying SQL*Plus command "l" (list), "c" (change), "a" (append) etc. But I heard HPUX has some kind of good utility to enable you to press UP arrow at SQLPLUS> prompt.

Yong Huang
yhuang_at_indigopooo.com