login error

From: Artur Friedrich <arturf_at_crosswinds.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2000 16:53:05 +0200

hi

I have recently install Oracle 8.1.6 on a linux (suse) system. If I will logged on with sqlplus on this system I become thus error message => Error ORA-01034:Oracle not availiable.
I have no problems to ping the database with "tnsping SID_NAME".

  1. which are default passwords after intallation to make a connect to the database
  2. where can I get extended information abaut this failure (logfiles,ressourcen)

thanx

Artur Friedrich Received on Sun Sep 10 2000 - 09:53:05 CDT