Re: login error

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2000 17:29:56 +0200

Usually this means your files have the wrong protection and/or the oracle.exe hasn't the suid bit on or it hasn't been started under the user oracle.

Correct protection is discussed in the installation and users guide, which doesn't seem to be read by many.
One or two days ago I posted the appropriate paragraph to one of the Oracle newsgroups, if you can't find it: it comes directly from http://technet.oracle.com
The same applies to your question under 1). The correct answer is in the docs and it has been posted many, many, many times to various Oracle newsgroups and should be available in the archives at www.deja.com

Just to avoid flames:
for svrmgrl
connect internal/oracle
all products
sys/change_on_install
system/manager
scott/tiger

Please adhere to the following 'rules':
Please try to do at least 'something' to resolve your problem yourself (such as reading a manual)
Please don't post indiscriminately to all Oracle newsgroups.

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA
(For people wanting to flame me: starting immediately I will stop responding to queries like this)