Re: Extent Allocation among Multiple Datafiles ?

From: EnderW <ender29_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2000 03:05:48 GMT

  1. Then if I have three different file systems to lay my tablespaces on. Isn't it better to create three different datafiles on each file system for each tablespace ? That way, the extents will be grabbed in a round robin fashion and will create an effect similiar to striping. I can set my extents to be 64K and set pctincrease to 0.
  2. Other case, laying one tablespace on one filesystem. And the other tablespace on another filesystem. And the third one on another file system and back to the first one.

I would rather go with the first case. Though I am thinking of applying every tablespace out there in this manner (rollback, system and even redo logs). Any suggestions ?