Re: Extent Allocation among Multiple Datafiles ?

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 08:53:20 +0100

I can't remember which version of Oracle (possibly very late 7) it appeared in, but with multiple files in a tablespace Oracle uses a round-robin method for allocating extents on a per-segment.

i.e. if you create two tables, their first extents will both be in 'file 1', their second in 'file 2' and so on.

--

Jonathan Lewis