PL/SQL w/ SQL*Plus

From: KrazyKat <mail_at_mail.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2000 01:43:58 GMT

Hi!

 I enjoy puzzles and Oracle offers plenty of them but I seem to have one that is causing me more pain than it is worth. I am a relative newbie to PL/SQL and am wondering how to have some PL/SQL code call an SQL*Plus formatted report. Is there a way to do this?

It looks like:

BEGIN some PL/SQL

IF x=y THEN

   call sqlplus_report
END IF; do some more PL/SQL

END;

Obviously I can't just call an SQL*Plus script but that's what I want to do. The larger question is how to generate a reasonable formatted report from PL./SQL without using DBMS.OUTPUT. Am I asking too much?

With many thanks
Paul

Peace be with you Received on Thu Sep 07 2000 - 20:43:58 CDT