ORA-12571 - What to do?

From: Michael Meyer <M.Meyer_at_rwtuev-at.de>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2000 07:59:38 +0200

What to do if the Oracle-Error 12571 is coming up regularly ??

We are running Oracle 8.1i on an NT-Server 4.0 SP6.

All our measures were only a short time success.

ERRORs

primary error

ORA 12571: TNS: packet writer failure

Cause: An error occured during data send.

Action: Not normaly visible to the user. For further details, turn on tracing and reexecute

the operation. If error persists, contact worldwide Customer Support.

secondary error

ORA 03114: not connected to oracle.

Cause: A call to oracle was attempted when no connection was established. Usually this

happens because a user written program has not logged on. It may also happen

if communication trouble causes a disconnection.

Action: Try again. If the message recurs and the program is user written, check the program.

some trials/hints from oracle, but with no posistive results

in the protocol.ora:

tcp.nodelay = yes

in the sqlnet.ora:

Automatic_IPC = OFF

Names.Directory_Path=(TNSNAMES)

or (ONAMES) when named server in use

in the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE System

CurrentControlSet

Services

TCP/IP Parameters

TcpMaxDataRetransmissions REG_DWORD "number"

(as an additional parameter)

Dirk Drommershausen

RWTÜV Anlagentechnik GmbH

Kaufm. Dienste und Organisation

Steubenstr. 53; 45138 Essen

Tel. (02 01) 8 25 - 25 58 (Fax -2176)

mailto:Drommershausen_at_rwtuev-at.de Received on Fri Sep 08 2000 - 00:59:38 CDT