Re: PMon Interval

From: Nevin Hahn <nevin.hahn_at_born.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2000 06:12:56 GMT

Hi Daniel,

You may have a lock problem. If the session that became disconnected was somehow locking rows, or tables, it may be involved in a locking/blocking relationship with another
session. The easiest way to resolve these problems is usually to identify the SID,SERIAL#
of the session and issue the alter system kill session 'SID,SERIAL#'; to remove the
dead session. If the server only marks the session for kill then you'll have to wait for
PMON to wake up and kill the session off otherwise it should happen immediately.

Nevin Hahn
nhahn_at_evoke.com