Re: How to Rebuild tablespace with Big Segment????

From: Jerry Jung <jungdj_at_heung-a.co.kr>
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2000 00:51:00 GMT

Thanks for your Answer...

Export/Import time for 5million table is an only example.... I know that exp/imp performance can be improved as tuning(buffer size, direct path....)
I'd like to say that Imp/Exp has a limitaion for rebuilding big tablespaces or DB.

Let me know some information(web site,product overview) about Platinum TSReorg.

"Sybrand Bakker" <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote in message news:968165774.20321.1.pluto.d4ee154e_at_news.demon.nl...

> "Á¤µ¿Á÷" <jungdj_at_heung-a.co.kr> wrote in message
> > Hi, Guys.
> > We have the ORACLE 7.3.4.5 (OPS) on HP-UX 10.20.
> > Usually, to rebuild tablespace, we used IMP/EXP.
> > But, now data volumn is very big.So it's almost impossible to rebuild
> > tablespace using exp/imp.
> >
> > A month ago, I recovered one table (about over 5million rows) using
 EXP/IMP.
> > it spent about 18 hours....for only one table!!!!! Import was very very
> > slow.
> >
> > We are lookng up the good alternatives to rebuild tablespace except
 EXP/IMP.