Re: oracle 8 certification

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_iprimus.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2000 09:14:30 +1100

"Irfan Shahmiri" <irfan.shahmiri_at_compaq.com> wrote in message news:39B1319C.3C25B843_at_compaq.com...

> I will really appreciate if anyone can tell me the
> the following information about oracle 8 certification..
> I have already checked the oracle education site.
>
> 1. Books/study material. I have not been able to find a book on
> oracle8. There is one on oracle7 core and oracle 8 upgrade.
> 2. Useful websites.
> 3. Sample tests.
> 4. Any other useful information.

I hesitate to send you to my own website, but someone was kind enough to mail me and say my Backup and Recovery material helped them through, so perhaps it may help. I've also got the same Self Test Software download that you can also get from the Oracle website (it's just that mine is a bit easier to find!).

Anyway: assuming you can use your initiative and find your way into the bulk of the site, here's the address:
http://www.geocities.com/howardjr2000

Oh: you'll find the presentation material for all of the Oracle courses there too.

Should warn you, though: Oracle has moved on to 8.1.5 in its training, and hence all the materials are 8.1.5-related. If you haven't already started on 8.0 exams, you should consider moving on to 8.1.5 or above also.

Regards
HJR