Re: oracle 8 certification

From: <bigdog273_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2000 18:48:35 GMT

I've taken 3 of the 5 tests, and passed them on the first shot. Here is what has worked for me.

Study materials: I've been fortunate enough to have my employer send me to the Oracle University classes that correspond to the certification tests. The classes are good, but the study books they give you have the material that's used to make the tests.

If you can't swing the classes, the next best thing is the Oracle8 certified professional exam guide, by Jason Couchman. I think the latest version only covers the 8.0.x track, not 8i. It's not a great book, *but* with
supplemental materials such as the server manuals, you should be able to get by. At the risk of saying something obvious, you should make sure you're studying the topics listed in the test syllabus (which you can get from the oracle web site).

IMHO, the Exam Cram books, authored by Michael Ault, are pretty useless.   I tried them and was not pleased.

Sample tests: SelfTestSoftware (www.stsware.com) sells sample questions geared to each certification test. For $100 you get 300 sample questions geared to a particular Oracle test. It's expensive, but has been worth it for me. I have to give them a lot of the credit for me passing the tests. My experience has been that they are pretty similar to the real thing

Good luck!

In article <39B1319C.3C25B843_at_compaq.com>,   Irfan Shahmiri <irfan.shahmiri_at_compaq.com> wrote:

> I will really appreciate if anyone can tell me the
> the following information about oracle 8 certification..
> I have already checked the oracle education site.
>
> 1. Books/study material. I have not been able to find a book on
> oracle8. There is one on oracle7 core and oracle 8 upgrade.
> 2. Useful websites.
> 3. Sample tests.
> 4. Any other useful information.
>
> thanks
> --irfan

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sat Sep 02 2000 - 13:48:35 CDT