Re: Oracle 8.1.5 JDK JVM startup failure

From: Maurice Kemmann <kemmann_at_openit.de>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 14:36:30 +0200

Hi Michael,

Michael Cannon schrieb:

> Can you give any pointers to ensure a successful Oracle 8.1.5 setup on a Red
> Hat 6.2 (2.2.14) Linux box? I've done three semi-successful 8.1.6 installs,
> but I need to match some development environments on 8.1.5 and I'm not even
> able to begin 8.1.5 installation due to JVM troubles:
>
> $./runInstaller
> Initializing Java Virtual Machine from /usr/local/jre/bin/jre. Please wait
> Error in CreateOUIProcess(): -1
> : Bad address
> $

I have exactly the same problems with my trial version of Oracle 8i for Linux. I try to install it on a RedHat 6.2, Kernel 2.2.16. As JVM i use the jre116v5 from www.blackdown.org as it is recommended by the installation guide.

If you have the solution for that problem it would be nice of you to forward the solution to the newsgroup and/or directly to me.

Th_at_nx 4 your help,

Maurice Received on Wed Aug 30 2000 - 07:36:30 CDT