Re: HOW TO? 2 or more users using the same schema?

From: Patrick Joyal <please.reply_at_to.the.newsgroup>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 13:16:26 GMT

Sybrand Bakker wrote in message ...
>On Tue, 29 Aug 2000 20:13:12 GMT, "Patrick Joyal"
><please.reply_at_to.the.newsgroup> wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>is there a quick way to have 2 or more users using the same schema,
 without
>>having to grant privileges on every object and creating synonyms for every
>>objects?
>>
>>I could use the same account for each user, but I want to keep a trace for
>>each
>>user.
>>
>>In other words, I want one schema, and many user using that schema like if
>>it was their own
>>schema.
>>

>>thanks for your help
>>
>>Patrick
>>

>Easy:
>create a role
>assign privileges to the role
>grant the role to multiple users
>create public synonyms for each object in your schema.
>
>Hth,
>
>Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

That's exactly what I was trying to avoid... Your way is a bit easier because
you create public synonyms. But I don't want to create public synonyms because
I can and I will have users who will use a different set of tables, and I don't want
to have the first set available to the second group of users.

but thanks anyway. If you have an other solution, let me know.

Patrick Received on Wed Aug 30 2000 - 08:16:26 CDT